The Victoria Grizzlies are a leader in developing their Goaltenders onto the NCAA.
Our track record proves that we are one of the best in the BCHL & CJHL at mentoring, training, and providing an environment for our Goalies to improve, mature, and perform so they can achieve success at the Junior ‘A’ level and beyond. Our belief is to train our future prospects before they make their first start in the BCHL. We use these Goalie programs to not only develop our young prospects but also to identify future Victoria Grizzlies Jr. ‘A’ Goalies. Our Development program can help you in this goal of becoming a Goaltender in the BCHL
Our Program develops Goaltenders ranging from as young as U9 up to Junior hockey
Sign up to be on the email list for information on future Victoria Grizzlies camps
With a passion to develop goaltenders into their full potential, we train our goalies from several angles.
We believe well-rounded Goalies holistically approach the position by developing 1/3rd technical skill, 1/3rd physical ability, and 1/3rd mental proficiency. Our focus is to key in on these assets in each goaltender’s game and make them stronger, and more consistent.
Each Goaltender is unique in that they bring strengths and weaknesses to different parts of their games. Our philosophy is to individually utilize each goalie’s strengths while refining different areas of weakness to create a more comprehensive goaltender.
It is important to become great at the fundamentals so that it may enhance the goaltender’s potential. We specially design our programs to help facilitate an environment for each goalie to improve technically, physically, and mentally; and gain the skills and knowledge to continue to self-develop throughout the season/off-season. We hope to be apart of your Goaltending journey.
Head Goalie Coach – Jason Reimer
Since 2009, Jason has been the leader in Goaltending coaching and consulting in South Vancouver Island. His vast experience helping goalies move onto the next level has shown a proven record for his methods. He has worked with many organizations, academies, and teams, including the Victoria Grizzlies Jr. A team since 2012. Jason has been fortunate to train many goalies that have moved onto NCAA and the AHL. Additionally, he has seen 2 of his goalies be drafted to the NHL. Jason enjoys working with all levels of goaltenders as his passion to see young goalies improve and have fun playing hockey is his motivation as a coach.
- Director/Lead Instructor of TNT Goaltending since 2009
- Goalie coach for Victoria Grizzlies Jr. ‘A’ Hockey Club since 2012
- Present or former Goaltender Consultant for:
- Spencer hockey academy
- Belmont hockey academy
- Francis Kelly hockey academy
- Several minor hockey associations in Greater Victoria Area
- South Island Major Midget
- Westshore Wolves Jr. ‘B’
Notable Goalies Coached:
- Dylan Garand – Hartford Wolf Pack AHL – 2021 Silver Medalist WJC-20 – Drafted #103 overall by New York Rangers in 2020
- Alec Dillon – Edmonton Oil Kings WHL – Drafted #150 overall by Los Angeles Kings in 2014
- Matthew Galajda – Cornell University NCAA – Hobey Baker Finalist NCAA
- Zachary Rose – Bowling Green State University NCAA – WJAC- 19 Champion – Mike Richter Award Finalist NCAA
- Liam Soulière – Penn State University NCAA
- Nic Renyard – UMASS – Amherst NCAA
- Sean Cleary – UMASS – Lowell NCAA
- Mitch Benson – Colgate University NCAA
- Kurtis Chapman – Mount Royal University U-Sports
- Keenan Rancier – Minnesota State Mankato NCAA
Jason Reimer and his experienced team of Junior Level coaches are ready to help develop you towards your hockey goals.
We offer a wide range of clinics, camps, and training either at your team’s practice, or at one of our semi-private sessions, or our Spring/Summer camps. See our Goalie Development Camps or Call/Email Jason for more info